Beaver City Monument
In 1910, Jack and Dan Mosher discovered gold at Amisk (Beaver Lake). By 1913, a "Gold Rush" had started which resulted in the construction of Beaver City, adjacent to the Hudson Bay Company post on the south shore of the lake. By 1918, most people had left for Sturgeon Landing, Denare Beach or to work at the Flin Flon mine site, resulting in Beaver City becoming a ghost town. Today, a monument stands at the end of the Highway 167 at the Sturgeon Weir River 30 km south of Denare Beach.