Landfill hours & Operations
Located on Highway #10A (Channing Road)
The hours of operation are as follows:
- Monday - Saturday 10:00 am - 5:45 pm (Summer Hours)
- Monday - Saturday 9:00 am - 4:45 pm (Winter Hours)
- Sunday Noon - 4:00 pm
- Closed holidays.
*Cash only (unless your a registered business with a charge account)
Charge accounts can be set up with the City of Flin Flon. Only businesses on the charge account list will be allowed to charge tipping fees.
Garbage Collection & Disposal Information
Residential Garbage Collection Service:
Residents are reminded of the following excerpts from The City of Flin Flon By-Law 34/94 regulating the storage and disposal of garbage and other refuse:
- Keep a clear path to the garbage bins.
- Back Alley Collection: Provide your own garbage bin with secure, animal-proof lids, and ensure bins are off the ground.
- Front Street Collection: Provide your own garbage bin with secure, animal-proof lids and ensure bins are out no earlier than 12 hours before pickup.
- Only household garbage will be picked up.
- No furniture, appliances or construction material will be picked up.
- Grass clippings and leaves must be bagged.
- Cat litter or dog feces must be double-bagged and put into sealed cardboard boxes.
- Bags weighing more than 40 lbs. (20 kgs) will be labelled with a "Heavy" sticker and left for disposal by the homeowner.
- Refrigerator Tags can be purchased for $25.00 at City Hall in Flin Flon or at the Landfill.
To view the Red Bag Curb Side Recycling project and schedule, please check out the Flin Flon & District Environmental Council's website.